The Yellowfoot chanterelle mushroom are a great accompaniment to winter dishes. This versatile mushroom has a great mushroom flavor yet still retains a delicate texture. the wild winter mushrooms. You will find the texture of this mushroom, very versatile and appealing. With a unique color and earthy flavor, they will add depth to your favorite dishes. Cook with fresh herbs, white wine and cream and serve on top of some fresh pasta for a delicious and simple treat.
Our Yellowfoot mushrooms are sustainably foraged in the Pacific Northwest of the United States and Canada.
How to Store and Handle Wild Mushrooms
- Wild mushrooms should be kept in the refrigerator in a paper bag.
- As a rule, clean the wild mushrooms as you need them, ideally without water. Paring knives, mushroom brushes, and tea towels can all be used to remove debris.
- Wild mushrooms will usually last about a week in the refrigerator, but are best consumed within the first three days.
- If the wild mushrooms you receive are a little damp, allow them to air dry in the refrigerator.
- It is not uncommon to find the occasional bug on a wild mushroom, simply wipe it off and know that the mushroom is still perfectly safe and delicious to eat.
- Mushrooms should be fully cooked prior to eating.
Special Shipping Regulations
Quality is paramount in the products we sell. Perishable items are shipped and packaged as quickly as possible. To maximize the freshness of this wonderful product, it must be shipped by UPS Standard Overnight. Due to this requirement, please note that orders placed on Friday will not ship until Monday.