Whether you’re preparing a holiday feast, or simply entertaining friends and family, the Mikuni Wild Mushroom Mix is an excellent way to enhance your gourmet experience. You will receive 4–5 different varieties of fresh wild and exotic mushrooms carefully selected from Mikuni’s seasonal wild mushroom offerings. The mushrooms in our Wild Mushroom Mix varies throughout the year based upon availability. A few of the varieties you can expect are lobster, chanterelle, hedgehog, morel, abalone, and porcini. Experiment with the bold flavors and unique aromas of these culinary delights on their own, or simply mix and sauté into a wild mushroom ragout.
How to Store and Handle Wild Mushrooms
- Wild mushrooms should be kept in the refrigerator in a paper bag.
- As a rule, clean the wild mushrooms as you need them, ideally without water. Paring knives, mushroom brushes, and tea towels can all be used to remove debris.
- Wild mushrooms will usually last about a week in the refrigerator, but are best consumed within the first three days.
- If the wild mushrooms you receive are a little damp, allow them to air dry in the refrigerator.
- It is not uncommon to find the occasional bug on a wild mushroom, simply wipe it off and know that the mushroom is still perfectly safe and delicious to eat.
Special Shipping Regulations
Quality is paramount in the products we sell. Perishable items are shipped and packaged as quickly as possible. To maximize the freshness of this wonderful product, it must be shipped by Fedex Standard Overnight. Due to this requirement, please note that orders placed on Friday will not ship until Monday.