- 1 lb
- United States and Canada
Lobster mushrooms are quite possibly one of the most striking mushrooms you will ever see. The fiery red exterior will liven up any dish you choose to pair them with. You will find the texture of this mushroom unlike any other mushroom you have eaten. With a defined firmness and crunch, they will add a depth of character to your favorite pasta dishes. Cook with fresh herbs, white wine and cream and serve on top of some fresh pasta for a delicious and simple treat.
Our lobster mushrooms are sustainably foraged in the Pacific Northwest of the United States and Canada.
How to Store and Handle Wild Mushrooms
- Wild mushrooms should be kept in the refrigerator in a paper bag.
- As a rule, clean wild mushrooms as you need them, ideally without water. Paring knives, mushroom brushes, and tea towels can all be used to remove debris.
- Wild mushrooms will usually last about a week in the refrigerator, but are best consumed within the first three days.
- It is not uncommon to find the occasional bug on a wild mushroom, simply wipe it off and know that the mushroom is still perfectly safe and delicious to eat.
- If the mushrooms you receive are a little damp, allow them to air dry in the refrigerator.
Mikuni Forest to Table
Quality is paramount in the products we sell. Our wild mushrooms are shipped and packaged as quickly as possible, often within hours of being foraged. Due to their perishable nature, and to maximize their freshness, wild mushrooms are only shipped via Fedex Standard Overnight. Please note that orders placed on Friday will not ship until Monday.
|Dimensions||5 x 4 x 2.5 in|