Lobster mushrooms are quite possibly one of the most striking mushrooms you will ever see. The fiery red exterior will liven up any dish you choose to pair them with. You will find the texture of this mushroom unlike any other mushroom you have eaten. With a defined firmness and crunch, they will add a depth of character to your favorite pasta dishes. Cook with fresh herbs, white wine and cream and serve on top of some fresh pasta for a delicious and simple treat.
Our lobster mushrooms are sustainably foraged in the Pacific Northwest of the United States and Canada.
How to Store and Handle Wild Mushrooms
- Wild mushrooms should be kept in the refrigerator in a paper bag.
- As a rule, clean the wild mushrooms as you need them, ideally without water. Paring knives, mushroom brushes, and tea towels can all be used to remove debris.
- Wild mushrooms will usually last about a week in the refrigerator, but are best consumed within the first three days.
- If the wild mushrooms you receive are a little damp, allow them to air dry in the refrigerator.
- It is not uncommon to find the occasional bug on a wild mushroom, simply wipe it off and know that the mushroom is still perfectly safe and delicious to eat.
Special Shipping Regulations
Quality is paramount in the products we sell. Perishable items are shipped and packaged as quickly as possible. To maximize the freshness of this wonderful product, it must be shipped by Fedex Standard Overnight. Due to this requirement, please note that orders placed on Friday will not ship until Monday.