With a slightly spicy chanterelle-like flavor, and a semi-sweet and mild fruity aroma, the hedgehog mushroom is one of winter’s greatest treats. Similar in versatility to the chanterelle, they pair equally well with fish, steak, chicken, game or mixed in a ragout with fresh pasta.
Our hedgehog mushrooms are sustainably foraged in Washington, Oregon and Northern California.
How to Store and Handle Wild Mushrooms
- Wild mushrooms should be kept in the refrigerator in a paper bag.
- As a rule, clean the wild mushrooms as you need them, ideally without water. Paring knives, mushroom brushes, and tea towels can all be used to remove debris.
- Wild mushrooms will usually last about a week in the refrigerator, but are best consumed within the first three days.
- If the wild mushrooms you receive are a little damp, allow them to air dry in the refrigerator.
- It is not uncommon to find the occasional bug on a wild mushroom, simply wipe it off and know that the mushroom is still perfectly safe and delicious to eat.
Special Shipping Regulations
Quality is paramount in the products we sell. Perishable items are shipped and packaged as quickly as possible. To maximize the freshness of this wonderful product, it must be shipped by Fedex Standard Overnight. Due to this requirement, please note that orders placed on Friday will not ship until Monday.