Fresh morels are among the most prized of the wild mushrooms found in North America. From the best kitchens and the most celebrated chefs in the United States and Canada, to home cooks and food lovers, morels are always a welcome treat. Sauté with our Noble Tonic 03: Maple Matured Sherry Bourbon Oak Vinegar to bring out the rich pecan-like nuttiness of this decadent wild mushroom. The luxurious nutty and earthy flavor combined with crunchy texture make morels the perfect accompaniment to rich sauces and dishes. Morels especially, need to be rinsed or brushed thoroughly to ensure all sand and debris is removed prior to being cooked.
Our Blonde morel mushrooms are sustainably foraged in the United States from areas such as Oregon, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, or Missouri.
How to Store and Handle Wild Mushrooms
- Wild mushrooms should be kept in the refrigerator in a paper bag.
- As a rule, clean the wild mushrooms as you need them, ideally without water. Paring knives, mushroom brushes, and tea towels can all be used to remove debris.
- Wild mushrooms will usually last about a week in the refrigerator, but are best consumed within the first three days.
- If the wild mushrooms you receive are a little damp, allow them to air dry in the refrigerator.
- It is not uncommon to find the occasional bug on a wild mushroom, simply wipe it off and know that the mushroom is still perfectly safe and delicious to eat.
- Mushrooms should be fully cooked prior to eating.
Special Shipping Regulations
Quality is paramount in the products we sell. Perishable items are shipped and packaged as quickly as possible. To maximize the freshness of this wonderful product, it must be shipped by UPS Standard Overnight. Due to this requirement, please note that orders placed on Friday will not ship until Monday.